How are lipid-mediated and Rabmediated membrane microdomains similar and how are they different?
1)Synthesised in Golgi complex
2) Made of Cholesterol, Sphingolipids
3) Involved in traficcing of Trans membrane proteins.
4) signaling mediated by the proteins attached to the glycosylphosphatidylinositol.
5) Involove in the lateral compartmentalisation of cell surface by endocytosis.
1) synthesised in Ribosomes
2) Composed of globular G- protein - location - peripheral protein
3 ) attaches to the lipid of membrane by covalent bond using amino acid. Has variable C terminal domain that helps in trafficking.
4) Rab has 2 effector proteins to regulate trafficking. They are regulated by GTP and had active and inactive forms.
5) Different Rab proteins cotrol the trafficking to different organelles.
Similarity is involved in trafficking of cellular components.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.