5. The two new daughter cells formed by mitosis have:
a. one-half the number of chromosomes of the parent cell
b. twice the number of chromosomes of the parent cell
c. the same number of chromosomes as the parent cell
d. the same amount of cytoplasm as the parent cell
6. The phase in which DNA replicates is:
a. prophase d. telophase
b. metaphase e. none of the above
7. During cell division, DNA condenses into compact structures
a. chromatin c. mRNA
b. chromosomes d. gifts to students
8. Meiosis differs from mitosis in that:
a. it occurs only in the reproductive organs
b. the chromosomes are not separated
c. the chromosomes are duplicated twice
d. the duplication of the chromosomes is followed by only 1
9. A drug blocks cytokinesis but affects no other part of the cell cycle.
What happens to cells growing in the presence of this drug?
a. no difference from cells growing in the absence of the drug
b. cells will become smaller and contain fewer nuclei
c. cells will become larger and contain many nuclei
d. cells will be blocked in metaphase
e. cells will no longer be able to synthesize DNA
10. A nine month old baby grows up to two inches in height in one
month. Her cells are undergoing rapid:
a. mitosis c. meiosis
b. asexual reproduction d. fertilization
11. Genes will not be found in gene pairs in the:
a. sperm cells of a frog c. leaf cells of a plant
b. muscle cells of a worm d. lung cells of a grasshopper
12. Which of the following is not part of interphase?
a. G1 d. metaphase
b. G2 e. all are part of interphase
5.Mitos is a type of cell division occurs in somatic cells. During mitosis the diploid parent cell is divided into two diploid daughter cells. As a result of this daughter cells have a same number of chromosome as parent cell. So the correct answer is the same number of chromosome as the parents.
6. DNA replication takes place in the S - phase (synthesis phase) of the cell cycle. The synthesised DNA is divided into daughter cells with the help of mitotic cell division. So the correct answer is none of the above.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.