Which RNA will determine the amino acid sequence?
There are three types of RNA - mRNA, rRNA and tRNA.
• mRNA is formed during transcription process in nucleus and it has information for amino acid synthesis. mRNA goes through translation process and protein is synthesized on mRNA.
• The codon sequence of mRNA is a three nucleotides sequence which encodes for a specific amino acid.
• The codon sequence will determine the sequence of amino acids.
Hence, mRNA determines sequence of amino acids.
• It transfers amino acids to the site of protein synthesis.
• It is component of ribosome which provides site for protein synthesis.
Now in question,
Option (C) mRNA is correct answer.
dRNA is not a type of RNA.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.