1) Florida manatees are now considered Threatened, which is defined as likely to become endangered in the ‘foreseeable future’, but how long is the ‘foreseeable future’ considered?
a) 100 years
b) 200 years
c) 50 years
d) The timeline is undefined
2) There are 5 threat factors that must be considered when determining recovery threats, but not all of the threats are of concern for manatees. Please mark all the ones that are not of concern.
- Overutilization for commercial, recreational, scientific, or educational purposes
- Presence/threatened destruction, modification, or curtailment of species’ habitat/range
- Disease or predation
- Other natural or manmade factors affecting species’ survival
- Inadequacy of existing regulatory mechanisms
3) True or False: Florida manatees are doing well throughout their range.
4) Which of these acts in NOT considered integral to Florida manatee protection?
a) Endangered Species Act of 1973
b) Wildlife Reform Act of 1968
c) Florida Manatee Sanctuary Act of 1978
d) Endangered Species Conservation Act of 1966
e) Marine Mammal Protection Act of 1972
5) Which of the following is incorrect in reference to cold stress syndrome? Pick best answer.
a) All answers are correct
b) Lymphoid depletion, lymphocytolysis
c) May lead to abscesses, pneumonia
d) Entercolitis, pancreatic atrophy
e) Causes catarhal rhinitis
Ans.1 : d) the timeline is undefined If it is said that it will happen in foreseeable future then it means it will happen in near future but the timeline is not defined.
Ans.2 : The threats that are not of concern for manatees are :-
Ans.3 : It is true that Florida manatees are doing well throughout their range.
Ans.4 : b) Wildlife Reform Act of 1968
Ans.5 : d) Entercolitis, pancreatic atrophy
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.