PLEASE ANSWER ALL PARTS
1) Select the correct word or phrase to complete each of the
following sentences about molecules on the surfaces of cells.
1. Blood groups, such as the ABO blood group, are based on the presence of (Click to select) antigens cytokines antibodies pathogens on the surfaces of cells.
2. Cells are identified as "self" or "nonself" based on the (Click to select) HLA proteins blood type antigens antibodies pathogens on their cell surface.
3. Most of the proteins on our cell surfaces are encoded by genes that belong to the (Click to select) major histocompatibility complex cytokine family antibody complex ABO blood group .
4. When a person receives an organ transplant, the transplant physician will compare the (Click to select) ABO blood group HLA antibody cytokine genes.
Select benefits of using metagenomics to study genome sequences in pathogens in infectious disease.
Check All That Apply
Identify the pathogen to select appropriate treatmentIdentify the pathogen to select appropriate treatment
Identify the source of the pathogenIdentify the source of the pathogen
Identify individuals who may be infected but not yet symptomaticIdentify individuals who may be infected but not yet symptomatic
Stop the pathogen from mutatingStop the pathogen from mutating
3) Which of the following molecules are secreted by helper T cells?
Check All That Apply
Tumor necrosis factorTumor necrosis factor
1. Blood groups, such as the ABO blood group, are based on the presence of antigens on the surface of cells.
2. Cells are identified as"self" or "non self" based on the HLA proteins present on their cell surface.
3. Most of the proteins on our cell surfaces are encoded by genes that belong to the major histocompatibility complex .
4. When a person receives an organ transplant, the transplant physician will compare the ABO blood group .
3. The molecules secreted by helper T cells are Interleukins .
Interferon are produced by White blood cells.
Antibodies are produced by activated B cells called plasma cells.
Tumor necrosis factor are secreted by activated macrophages.
Perforin are produced by cytotoxic T lymphocytes and NK cells.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.