DRAW OUT MESELSON & STAHL EXPERIMENT. EXPLAIN EACH STEP.
draw out meselson & stahl experiment. explain each step.
1. Bacteria was grown indefinitely in medium containing heavy isotope of nitrogen, N15.
2. Bacteria was transferred to a medium containing light isotope of nitrogen, N14.
3. After 1st generation all the DNA was parental, that is, containing heavy isotope of nitrogen.
4. After 2nd generation all hybrid DNA was recovered, that is, containing both the isotopes of nitrogen.
5. After 3rd Generation both hybrid and light DNA was recovered.
This lead to the proposal that DNA conservation was a semi conservative process.
Please give a good rating.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.