5’…TAC ACC GAT GGA TAA GTC…3’ DNA Coding strand
3’…ATG TGG CTA CCT ATT CAG…5’ DNA template strand
Use the information above to answer the following questions.
- Write the sequences of the two double-stranded daughter DNAs
which will be replicated from the sequence above. Indicate which
sequences are directly from the parent. Show accurate direction of
each sequence. 0.5 points
- Write the sequence of the mRNA strand that will be transcribed
from the above DNA sequence. Show accurate direction of the
sequence 0.5 points
- Write the sequence of the tRNA strand carrying the anticodons
which will hydrogen bond with the mRNA sequence complimentarily.
Show accurate direction of the sequence 0.5
- Using the mRNA codons table from your transcription/translation
slides, predict and write out the amino acid sequence which will be
translated from the mRNA transcript. Be sure to use the accurate
open reading frame. Be careful you do not miss a step/nucleotide.
- What will the amino acid sequence be If there was a point
mutation in the original DNA sequence which changed the ‘second A’
to T in the DNA template strand? 0.5 points
- Will the mutation in E affect the function of the
peptide/protein? Why or why not? Note that it’s either Yes
or No. You receive points for the reasoning only if you
chose the right answer. 0.5 points.