1. The TCA cycle involves the
oxidation of acetyl CoA to CO2 and H2O
Net yield per one turn of TCA cycle:
1. 3 NADH (3 X 3 = 9 ATP)
2. 1 FADH2 (1 X 2 = 2 ATP)
3. 1 ATP by substrate-level phosphorylation
Total = 12 ATP
(If we consider 1 NADH = 2.5 ATP and 1 FADH2 = 1.5 ATP, Net yield = 10 ATP)
2. By the end of the TCA cycle, all the carbon atoms in glucose are completely oxidized to CO2.
3. If an mRNA is mutated, the corresponding protein is not produced.
4. The enzyme reduces the activation energy required for the reaction to occur by increasing the effective concentration of substrates.
5. Active site (Substrate binding site)
6. The enzyme is recycled at the end of the reaction
7. Most enzymes CAN reverse the reactions that they run
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.