● Steroid hormone.
• The action of steroid hormones
1. The steroid hormone easily cross the cell membrane as well as
the nuclear membrane
2. This then binds to pre-formed steroid receptors in the cytoplasm or in the nucleoplasm.
3. Binding to steroid hormone receptor lead to conformational change to the receptor.
4. The hormone-receptor complex binds to the hormone responsive element of the gene, leading to its transcription and the formation of proteins
● Peptide Hormone.
• Action :
Peptide hormone interact with specific receptor at the extracellular domain with through transmembrane domain activate the cytosolic domain to release intracellular signals
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.