The chapter 22 team discussion problem is presented below.
The problem is reproduced below.
1. Navigate to your Group Homepage and use your Group's Announcement tool to decide among your teammates who will work on which parts (budgeted income statements for April, May, and June in part 1, and -- if your team has a fourth member -- the recommendation letter in part 2).
2. Once your roles are agreed, post your solutions in your group's Discussion forum. Be sure to clearly label your answer, indicating which part you are answering.
3. In teams that have 4 members, note that the person who completes part 2 will need to have access to the solutions to part 1 before they can complete their recommendation. Accordingly, the deadline for completing part 2 is 24 hours after the initial submission deadline.
4. For full credit, be sure to comment constructively on your teammates' posts.
CHAPTER 22 TEAM DISCUSSION PROBLEM
Kodiak Office Furniture expects second-quarter 2020 sales of its new line of computer furniture to be the same as the first quarter's sales (reported below) without any changes in strategy. Monthly sales averaged 40 desk units (sales price of $1,250) and 20 chairs (sales price of $500).
Kodiak Office Furniture
For Quarter Ended March 31, 2020
|Cost of goods sold**||115,000|
|Sales commissions (10%)||18,000|
|Other fixed expenses||18,000|
* Revenue: (120 desks x $1,250) + (60 chairs x $500) = $150,000 + $30,000 = $180,000.
** Cost of goods sold: [variable portion = (120 desks x $750) + (60 chairs x $250)] + [fixed portion = $10,000] = $115,000.
You believe that sales will increase each month for the next three months (April, 48 desks, 32 chairs; May, 52 desks, 35 chairs; June, 56 desks, 38 chairs) if selling prices are reduced to $1,150 for desks and $450 for chairs, and advertising expenses are increased by 10% and remain at that level for all three months. The products' variable cost will remain at $750 for desks and $250 for chairs. The sales staff will continue to earn a 10% commission, the fixed manufacturing costs will be $10,000 per month, and other fixed expenses will remain at $6,000 per month.
Prepare budgeted income statements for each of the months of April, May, and June that show the expected results from implementing the proposed changes.
Use the budgeted income statements from part 1 to recommend whether Santana Rey should implement the proposed changes. Explain.
Just do （JUNE）
Please follow the same format. There are clear steps。Thank you
Calculations for May:
Sales: 52 desks @ $1150 = $59,800 35 chairs @ $450 = $15,750 Total April Sales = $75,550
Variable Costs: 52 desks @ $750 = $39,000 35 chairs @ $250 = $8,750 Total Costs of Goods Sold = $47,750
Advertising: $3000 per month x 10% = $3300
Commissions: Sales of $75,550 x 10% = $7555
Fixed Expenses: $6000 per month, unchanged
|Budgeted Income Statement - May|
|Cost of Goods Sold||47,750|
|Other Fixed Expenses||6000||16,855|
|Income before taxes||$10,945|
|Budgeted Income Statement - June|
|Cost of Goods Sold||(Note:2)||61500|
|Other Fixed Expenses||6000||17450|
|Income before taxes||2550|
|Cost of goods sold:|
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.