11. Bread Corporation is a C corporation with earnings of
$150,000. It paid $60,000 of dividends to its sole shareholder,
Gerald. Gerald also owns 100% of Butter, an S Corporation. Butter
had net taxable income of $40,000 and made a $30,000 distribution
to Gerald. What total income will Gerald report from Bread and
12. At the first of the year, Arch and Bean contribute cash equally to form the JK partnership. Arch and Bean share profits and losses in a ratio of 75% to 25% respectively. For the current year, the partnership's ordinary income was $40,000. A distribution of $5,000 was made to Arch during the current year. What amount of ordinary income should Bean report from the JK partnership?
13. Identify which of the following statements is true.
All cash distributions from a partnership require the partners to pay taxes on those distributions.
Distribution of partnership income in the form of cash to partners is generally taxable to the
partners as long as there is sufficient basis.
If property distributions exceed the partner's basis in the partnership interest, a partner would not have to recognize gain on a distribution from the partnership.
All of the above are true.
14. Stan had a basis in his 50% partnership interest at the
beginning of this year of $20,000 in a partnership in which he
actively participates. There was no change in partnership
liabilities during the year. The partnership's ordinary loss this
year was $60,000 and the partnership had no separately stated
items. The deductible loss from the partnership reported on Stan's
personal income tax return this year is
15. The Qualified Business Income Deduction applies to
individuals who own an interest in a:
Both a Partnership and an S Corporation
11. Option D, $60,000 of dividends + $ 40,000 taxable income
12. Option c, 25% of $ 40000 = $ 10000
13. If property distributions exceed the partner's basis in the partnership interest, a partner would not have to recognize gain on a distribution from the partnership.
14. vOption A, $ 20000 limited to the basis in the begining. $ 10000 will be carried over for next year
15. Option B, Both a Partnership and an S Corporation as per Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: from January 1, 2018
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.